Friday, August 29, 2008

Yum, Yum, Gimmee Some

The moment it touched my lips, I knew we were going to have a long lasting relationship. It was so sweet, soft, and juicy. I could smell it from the doorway, and I knew that it would be mine. Yes, you have consumed me, authentic steak and cheese sub, with the light mayo and extra tomatoes. We shall be as one.

Living in the land of "Disney" for so long pretty much beat any original food thoughts out of my head. So to have a real "sub" that hasn't been produced ala Quizzno's or Subway is a treat in and of itself. It almost makes up for the fact that apparently due to my "accent" (????), I had to say the word "jalapeno poppers" six times before the gentleman on the phone new what I was ordering.

So, I can check "eat real food" off of my list for this week. I've learned three new Red Sox players. I've used "wicked" at least once daily in a sentence. And I've actually learned the name of the Boston mayor, and the location of the six nearby "packies" for emergency liquor supplies. I'm figuring I should rotate them so I don't become a regular.

I have mostly unpacked and the house is in semi-decent shape anticipating @colettebenoir's homecoming. I even broke out that "iron" contraption - the one that makes the steam and makes things less wrinkly - and even used it! Now, I have come to the realization that I:
a. Don't own a sweatshirt
b. Don't own a pair of winter "shoes"
c. Need to buy a Park-ah and probably a rain jacket
d. Have no idea how to close this window

Anyway, here are some as-promised photos from the road trip.

I'll be updating this Blog Mission Statement soon enough.

No comments: