Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kat's Cross Country Adventure

Hey there Blog readers! Remember me?

Yeah, I’ve had a lot going on, so poor Kustomer is King has gone by the wayside while I’ve included in some new life adventures. I may refocus the blog. I may just post random things here. I make no promises, and I commit to nothing.

So, my reason for writing today is to bring you Kat’s Cross Country Adventures. I’m moving to Boston, as most of you know, and am gonna take my sweet-time getting there. My five day trek brings me across most of the Eastern seaboard, and, barring getting lost somewhere around the DC area, puts me smack into Boston at the end of August.

Here’s where I’m going. I’ll try and provide some pictures from the road, assuming I can function an action digital camera after years of disposable fun. If I’m going to be in your neighborhood… let me know! I’ll even let you buy me a beer.

August 19 – Leave Orlando, Arrive in Savannah Georgia. Eat Friend Chicken and take a Ghost Tour. Hang out in a park. Get very sorry I ever ate the Fried Chicken.

August 20 – Roll in to Raleigh (NC). Lament that I’ve passed up the chance to stay at South of the Border. Avoid getting a speeding ticket. Comment on how many trees the Carolinas seem to have. Look for George Bing to pass me some donuts.

August 21 – Wade into Washington. I’ll probably get hopelessly lost, and call on you, DC area friends, to come save me (are you reading, Tycho Spyker?). Visit the Library of Congress. Geek out at my Mecca. Buy an overpriced T-shirt. Ask if there really is a President’s Book of Secrets, ala National Treasure 2. Observe a moment of silence.

August 22ndDiva-land! I’m coming to Jersey for super snuggles. Oh – unless for some reason Atlantic City is on the way. Then I’m totally scrapping my visit to Diva. Sorry, sweetie, but it *is* Atlantic City. Wanna join me?

August 23rd – Bonkers for Bean Town! I’m here! I’m here! Colette Benoir has bravely left me the key, and I’m promising only to have Miss Scandalous over for the first, oh, week or so.

Probably right about the time I’ll be rolling into Boston is about the time I’ll wish I had purchased some sort of GPS system. But Christmas is coming…

So, that’s the Adventures of Kat with a big **** that plans and dates may change! And hell, if I really like it in Atlantic City, I might take the whole weekend.

PS – I’m currently taking wagers on what state I’ll get my speeding ticket in. No cross country trip is complete. Any takers?

2 comments:

Tom said...

Delaware. I would have said CT, but ever since they went to 65 in most places it's harder to get pulled over than it used to be.

Bon voyage!

dclhickman said...

Did Lola make the excursion?