Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scrumptious Savannah!

How many of YOU can say you're being chased by a Hurricane? Mother Nature and I have long since had some bones to pick with each other, but I give her credit: this is a new one for me! After having returned from Vegas, still slightly hungover and completely jet-lagged, I was greeted with the news that I needed to get the HELL out of Florida! STAT!

I write to you from the Marshall House Hotel in Savannah, Georgia. My "quaint" little room comes complete with flat screen TV, large armoire and view of the central street below. Reputed to be "haunted" (and featured on the Travel Channel), my TV turned on by itself at 5:45 this morning. I'm going to imagine, very hard, that it's because there is an alarm set on it. I don't want anyone telling me any different. My plans for today include taking a Harbor Tour because what better time to be out in the boat then in the midst of an impending hurricane!

So, I have learned a few things about Road Tripping in my brief experience thus far. I figured I would share them with all of you (along with some pictures, once I get the damn camera cord out of the car).

  • You can never have two many Slim Jims. They are the best road trip "meal" - ever!
  • I would forsake chocolate for my XM Satellite Radio. Go ahead - revoke my estrogen card.
  • Even though I passed several "reputable" gas station chains, I always seem to end up at the unknown, unbranded ones. "Billy Bob's Gas & Go" promises the "charm" of questionable bathrooms, shifty-eyed loiterers and gas pumps that don't actually take credit. But - they have the best Slim Jim selection around!
  • When I sing in the car, my voice is beautiful. And I still know the words to every Stone Temple Pilots song.
  • I'm still distracted by shiny things. I actually pulled off the highway because I saw a shiny purple bra in the window that I just HAD to have! TMI? Too bad.
  • I should have replaced my windshield wipers prior to leaving Florida
  • I may be the last person on Earth who actually uses the hotel shampoo and conditioner
  • I never remember to pack Q-tips (but the hotel provided them!)
  • I love hotel robes in an unnatural way
  • Valet Parking is the BEST, even if I still don't know what the appropriate tip is
So, that's Kat's Road Trip Revelations so far! Tomorrow, it's off to Raleigh.

No comments: