Monday, September 8, 2008

In Between Days

For the first time ever in my life, I am "in between jobs". Thanks to a hiring process straight out of the 1800s, my new employer alloted several weeks before I start my new position. This worked out well for my transition to Boston, and I have had three weeks of unadulterated unemployment bliss, during which I have run many a chore and accomplished a lot.

Now, having three weeks of "alone time", you tend to learn a few things about yourself. Here goes:

1. My technological un-savyness extends far beyond new media and the various hot topics of the daily Twitter crown (Chrome? Blip? huh?). Case in point: I've just discovered I have zero idea on how to operate the garbage disposal here at the house. At least, I think it's a garbage disposal ...
2. I really can carry on an extended conversation with a cat. Kitty and I have daily coffee chats, and I feel like we're really starting to understand each other. If only I could get here to clean her own litter box ...
3. I really can eat a Steak and Cheese sub ever day! I've never considered myself much of a "sub" person, but boy are they yummy, and there are sub places everywhere.
4. I am perfectly capable of amusing myself. I haven't turned on the TV except to what the train wreck that is New York Goes to Hollywood (VH1) and the occasional History Channel special. It appears my entertainment tastes run the gamut from one extreme to the other.
5. Printer Cartridges, Verizon, and Bank of America are all in an evil plot to "get" me, with a little American Express thrown in on occasion.
6. I will never be able to properly spell "occasion".
7. I can survive without coffee

So, I start my "employment" next week. I am debating if I want to participate in the Battle of the RMV this week, or save that for six months down the road. Six months down the road is in the lead right now.

Cheers!
Kat

No comments: